Hope

THE OCEAN
I spend a lot of time in and on the ocean. I love it.
When I look upon the great expanse , I am reminded of how big it is. It is seemingly endless. Most of it has not been explored. It is mysterious.
The ocean is a great analogy for life. Life is big. In the spiritual realm it is endless. Most of life has not been explored. And, it is most certainly mysterious.
WHERE IS THE HOPE?
This is where I encounter hope. Hope is that concept that gives my life energy. It is that longing for a better existence. It is what we all crave and need.
In our world, there are so many people that are experiencing a real sense of hopelessness. Hope is a far away and impossible dream. For lots of people, they are hoping they can just stay alive until the end of the day. And, there are some who don’t want to make it to the end of the day. This is the reality of many.
WHERE I FOUND HOPE
I relate to some of this. There was a time in my life when I had no hope. I moved to Florida in 1993 in the midst of a personal crisis that I didn’t know I would recover from. Life looked bleak. There were days where getting to the end of it seemed impossible.
During those dark days of my life, I needed support. Fortunately for me, I found it in some spiritual communities that I became a part of. I joined several different ones, hoping to find the support I needed. This support is continuing to this day. In 2010 I joined a beautiful community called Unity on the Bay in Miami, FL with my wife Rachel. It has changed my life. Through the music and the inspiring words of the speakers, I have learned to trust in my Creator in a way I never have before. The hope I find at Unity is knowing that there is a loving Force in the universe. This connection with the love and support from others has changed my life. It has given me hope.
BEING TAKEN CARE OF
When I look back on all of the adventures in my life, I am made aware of how I have been taken care of. My history gives me hope.
I don’t know what the future holds for me. I don’t know what it holds for you. I do know that you are being looked after. I don’t know by whom, but I know you are.
You have survived until this day. You have been able to deal with the difficulties in your life well enough to get you here. Life is not perfect. It never will be. But, you are a survivor.
I believe in hope. Like the beautiful ocean, the possibilities for you are endless.
SHARE THE HOPE
If you have a friend in need of some hope, please share this article with them. We are healed when we connect with and support each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing