Gratitude for Another Day of Life


I had one of those mornings.

It doesn’t happen every day, but today it did.

I got out of bed and thought about how grateful I am that I have another day of life. This blessed thought doesn’t come to me every day, but it’s nice when it does.

I thought about all the things I am grateful for.

1.       I have a roof over my head.

2.       I get to wake up next to my wife who I love.

3.       I am breathing.

4.       I have a shower with clean warm water.

5.       My refrigerator has food in it.

That list could go on and on. That was just a start.

When I begin my day with gratitude the rest of my day seems to go better. Once I’m on that better track I can make healthier decisions for myself throughout the day.

Gratitude is a magnet for good. It will bring all manner of situations to be grateful for.

Gratitude is a creative energy. When I have gratitude, I will get more creative. I will create those things that I want in my life.

I am happier when I am grateful. When I am creating things that I want in my life I am more satisfied.

My wife and I play a little game when we are searching for a parking space in a busy area. When we pull into the area and we know it could be challenging to find a spot we start saying, “Thank you God for the parking space." No matter how busy it is, 9 times out of 10 within seconds someone will start leaving their spot.

This example of the parking spot is a very simple example.

The bigger point is that we are trusting that there is enough for everyone. Everyone includes us.

Everyone includes you.

When you begin to express gratitude in your life you will find that the universe is an abundant place. The blessing you are seeking may or may not show up in exactly the form you are requesting, but a blessing will show up.

Oftentimes I don’t know what is best for me. When I express gratitude, I am saying to God that I am willing to allow what is best for me to be revealed. When I let go of my agenda and what I think I should have something even better will come along.

Gratitude is that powerful magnet for good. It is that energy that will invite the will of God into your life. When you say thank you, you will create a space for that blessing to appear. Thank you becomes the door that you open to receive God’s amazing gifts. These gifts may or may not be exactly what you were looking or hoping for, but they become blessings, nonetheless.

Throughout your day, I invite you to express gratitude. Even if you see nothing to be grateful for today, be grateful that you are trying to seek it. Seeking it will create more things to be grateful for.
There is much to be grateful for. This moment becomes an hour, becomes a day, becomes a year, and becomes a lifetime. Soon you will have built a life built on saying thanks.

You will look back and be grateful for the wonderful life you experienced.

I’m grateful for you.

I hope you have a blessed and grateful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing