Letting Go of the Fear of Expressing in the World

We all have something to offer. A gift that nobody else has.

In my creative life recently, it seems that this theme of wanting to create something valuable keeps coming up for me. And, I don't think I'm alone in that search to feel like I'm contributing something valuable to be world.

I spent a great deal of my life feeling like what was inside of me was not going to resonate with anyone. In fact, I feared that if I started sharing my thoughts that someone would think either I'm crazy or just plain ridiculous. These ideas were stored up for so long that I think I was experiencing some kind of creative and spiritual constipation.

I remember a moment when, in a moment of contemplation, I was given the thought about the value of my creativity. My thoughts were centered around originality, and this belief that somehow everyone on the planet had created all of the new ideas that were possible. I thought about the thousands of books for sale on the internet, the endless amount of music already produced, and the thousands of speakers already on the planet. I asked myself what I could possibly produce that had not already been produced.

And, then a thought came to me.

It was a divine thought.

The thought was this: "It is impossible (short of outright plagiarism) to do what others have done, because there is only one you."

Wow!

This may not seem like a big deal to some, but to someone who spent most of his life thinking his work did not have merit this was a huge intervention of sorts. And, I believe it was a divine intervention.

What has stemmed from this thought has been a nearly nonstop flow of thoughts bubbling up from my unconscious and conscious basis on a daily basis. Where these thoughts come from I'm not totally sure. Many of them come from just years of not expressing. The dam of fear and caring how other people are going to respond is breaking somehow.

It seems that in this flurry of creative I am becoming aware of my purpose. And, this is often what comes from us letting go of our fears around being creative. I am becoming aware that I wish to express gratitude for all of those little miracles that take place every day. It is my way of allowing  joy to finally flow from my heart.

This is a miracle.

I invite you to look at ways you can allow your creativity to flow in your own life. Whether you are a professional writer or not, you have something to express in the world.

What can you do today to express in the world? I can't wait to hear about it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing