Putting Yourself First is the Ultimate Act of Unselfishness


Contained in the voice of one, are the voices of many. Not one of us exist completely independent of another. I would not exist, if you had not existed. If my ancestors before me had not existed, I would not exist. To think that I am this independent being is simply not true. Yes, I have my own thoughts and feelings. But, to completely ignore the truth of my connection to others, is to ignore the reality of my dependence on others.

All of life depends on one another. It is the conscious awakening of this truth that will save us. It is the conscious awareness that what I do to me I do to you. What I say to me, I am saying to you. How I care for me, is how I care for you. When I can acknowledge that I am one with you, I will never harm you. I will never speak ill of you. I will never try to cut you down, or dehumanize you.

Can you imagine a world where we all considered that our actions would ultimately would affect others? Is it really a selfish act to be always thinking about our own actions? I don't think so. When we believe we were all one, this makes the human family stronger. Always considering how my actions affects others is the ultimate act of unselfishness.

What are some practical ways we can acknowledge and display this awareness in the real world?
1. Become aware of your actions. Know that what you are about to do will have a direct impact on something or somebody else.
2. Commit to a lifestyle of love. At all times, be ready to respond with loving kindness. Decide that in every situation you will find a way to treat yourself with love and respect.
3. Remember that when you put yourself first and care for yourself, you are doing a kind act towards others. Being good to yourself is a most unselfish act, because what you do to yourself you will do to others.
4. Others are depending on you. Consider this when making your next decision. You are important to the world. The world is depending on you to do the loving thing.
5. Acknowledge the precious, wondrous, and fantastic child of the universe that you are. Embrace what a miracle you are, and how absolutely amazing your life is. There is no need to hold back the brilliant Light that you are. In fact, the world needs your beautiful Light. And, when you acknowledge your brilliance, you will see all people as brilliant.


I believe that we all need to treat ourselves better. I also believe that human beings are built to love each other. We have an inherent need to support one another in the best way possible. When we are good to ourselves, we are in a much better position to care for the people we love. This world will be a better place when we believe that we are one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing