Using Social Media to Promote Positive Growth


USING SOCIAL MEDIA FOR GOOD

I love social media. I think it is an amazing creation. It gives all of us the ability to deliver our message to a larger audience.

I made a decision in 2018 that I was going to use social media to spread a message of love, inclusion, and positive energy. While I appreciate that there are those in the world who call out the negative aspects of life, my decision to promote only positive messages has been good for me.

CONTRIBUTING TO THE POSITIVE ENERGY

Some might call me naive, and that I ignore the pain in the world. Not true. I believe that my emphasis on promoting love in the world stems from me knowing that there is a lot of pain in the world. I want to be part of the solution. I do not wish to contribute any more pain into the conversation. There is too much already.

I believe that when a person has been given power, it is their responsibility to use that power for good. That's how I see my social media use.  It is my chance to do some good in the world. And, it's amazing that I live in a time when I can do this. Years ago, it would have taken a lot longer to get my message out.

A friend of mine said to me recently, "John, I appreciate being able to go to your social media feed, and get a message of hope. I know I have another place I can go to get some positive energy". That felt really good to hear that. If people are looking to hear about the latest political fight, they will not find that discussion on any of my platforms. It's just not there. But, if somebody wants some positive and uplifting things to think about, my messages will be there.

CHANGING THE FOCUS

My friend Stevie invited me to participate in an exercise years ago that changed my life. He asked me to look around the room, and name every item that contained some blue color. I listed many things. Then he asked me to recall (without looking around the room), all of things that contain yellow. I could not remember any. Then he said to look around again. I looked, and there were many things that contained yellow. Why did I not see the yellow? Because, I was focused on the blue.

It is this way in life. If you focus on looking for the good in the world, you will see an amazing display of good deeds being done every day. When you look for more examples of pain and suffering you will see that too. And, of course the truth is that there is both joy and suffering happening in life. I want to be someone who promotes joy. I want to be surrounded by it. I want to live in it.

When I really started expanding my presence on social media, I realized how many people there are out there that are doing the same thing I am. I see many people fully committed to promoting love. I am absolutely not alone.

AN INVITATION

Here is my invitation to you. It is obvious that you are also someone who is committed to using social media to promote good. You definitely would not have made it this far doing the page if you were not interested in that.

I want to thank you for doing your part to make the social media landscape a healthier place. Your positive messages are making a difference.

My invitation is that you share this blog post with others.

 I ask that you help me to encourage others do the good work of sending love. It's important work. Thank you for helping me make the world a little brighter.

I appreciate you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing