Truth Matters

 

Truth matters.

How many times have you heard that lately? We want people in power to be honest, and we want those we love to be honest with us.

How about ourselves? How honest are we?

Fact check. I lie to myself daily. And, I do it more than I care to admit. Here are some of the most common ones. Maybe you can identify with one or more of these.

Lie # 1- People don’t care what I have to say.

Fact check- This is not true, because plenty of people tell me they love me daily, and I trust these people are telling me the truth.

 

Lie # 2- I’m not worthy of being loved.

Fact check- This is not true. My God created me, and I cannot be anything other than love. My Creator is not capable of creating anything unlovable.

 

Lie # 3- I must do something that will earn me the love I need.

Fact check- My life is already enough. Nothing else needs to happen.

 

Lie #4- If I weighed a little more or a little less, I would be more attractive.

Fact check- This is a tough one isn’t it? Our world tells us that we all must look a certain way, and if we don’t then we are less worthy of love. This is just not true. Every person on the planet is attractive in many ways. The outside body is not a reflection of the beauty of my soul. This lie about my attractiveness has been put to the test during COVID where I have seen my body change in ways I don’t like. Does that make me less worthy? No. Your looks do not determine your attractiveness.

 

 

These four lies remind me a little bit of what our society tells us daily. I wonder which one of these lies you tell yourself. I wonder if you could be more compassionate towards yourself.

When you hear yourself tell these lies, I would suggest reminding yourself that you are a child of God. I would suggest asking a friend to tell you how they see you. I know it’s important for you to affirm your own self-worth, but it sure is nice to hear it from someone who cares about you. When someone reminds me that they love me it warms my heart.

Truth matters.

It matters that you remind yourself how special you are, that you are deserving of love, and that your life is a blessing to this world.

These truths matter. They are self-evident. They are obvious. They reflect truth.

Truth matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

Not Waiting Anymore