Believe in Your Message

There is a beautiful part of you waiting to show itself to the world. There may be good reasons why you have not allowed this part to be seen.

It’s OK to respect those reasons. I invite you to look at them.

In the past there may have been a good reason to not share. Maybe you were hurt. It may not have been safe for you to be yourself. You may have been ridiculed.

It takes courage to show up in the world. We never know whether we will be accepted or not.

I am grateful for the people in my life who support me. These are the magical people who encourage me to take healthy risks and put my creativity out into the world for people to see. These people keep me going during the tough times.

As a writer there are going to be tough times. There will be times of great doubt and stress. There will be times when we question the sanity of putting our stuff out there, knowing that a great majority of it will be rejected. When we hear about a success story, you can be sure that that person had a long line of failures behind them with more to come.

The difference between that successful person and the people you never hear about is that the successful person was willing to let go of the failures and stay committed to their message.

Regardless of the many failures, they kept going because what they were sharing was important to them. Failures were not going to keep them back.

This idea of pushing forward despite many failures is an important piece of the puzzle. The creative person must be willing to experiment. By their very nature, experiments very often go completely wrong. That’s the whole idea. It’s about learning what works and what doesn’t. Unless we experiment, we have no idea if something will work or not. Not until we get feedback will we know how things are going.

The secret to being able to withstand the many failures that will come, is to believe so strongly in your message that failures will not stop you. It becomes about honing your message, and about improving the vehicle by which the message is delivered. You will get your message across if it is that important to you.

There are some who like to deliver their message by speaking, and some by the written word. Some people love speaking in front of other people. Some do not. Everyone has their own way of delivering their message.

I have taught in classrooms for many years, and I love teaching kids how to play music. It is something I feel good about. I don’t always love being in front of big classes, but I’m getting better at it. The more positive I am about myself, the better I am able to teach concepts. Confidence goes a long way in pushing through whatever shyness I have. I have a message to deliver to these kids. The message is that music is wonderful, and that it plays an important role in the development of young people. I believe in this so strongly that I am willing to push through my fear of not being accepted.

The same goes with my writing. Every day, I make sure that I learn something new about how to be a better writer. I have so much to learn, and it is exciting to be a student. There are many aspects of my writing that I am not happy about. I feel like I lack many of the techniques of the seasoned authors out there, and that I make lots of mistakes. That’s OK, because I am willing to learn. And, I’m grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful teachers who want to help me.

You have a message you are trying to convey to the world. It’s important to you. I encourage you to be willing to push through your fears and allow that beautiful part of you out for the world to enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing