My Soul Took Flight

Every day is a new adventure.

When you wake up in the morning, are you able to look ahead to your day with a feeling of excitement? Do your feet hit the floor ready to take on the next thing? Or, are you filled with anxiety and fear about the day? Are you in fear of what might happen or not happen in the next 24 hours?

I spent most of my life in the camp of fear and anxiety. I didn’t have the sense of anticipation and adventure. I woke up most mornings feeling fearful about what could happen that day.

What changed?

It’s been a very slow and steady journey of getting to know myself. As I began to let go of the false beliefs about my unworthiness, I became aware of a part of me that I didn’t know was there.

The part I’m referring to is my creative side. In 2018 I experienced a shift in this area of my life. I experienced it as letting off the brakes of my soul’s desire to fly. It was liberating. It was freeing. It was intoxicating. It was life giving.

I don’t even know why or how I was able to take the brakes off. I lost the fear of being seen and allowed the beautiful and not so beautiful parts of me to be revealed.

It is a relief to allow more of me to be seen.

Now I can freely say things like, “I have no idea what I’m doing”, “I’m not sure how to write professionally but I’m going to try”, “I’m going to make tons of mistakes as a writer but I’m going to learn from them”, and “I may not be the best writer in the world but I’m not the worst either”.

These are truly liberating statements.

Every writer I have ever met has told me that they struggle with insecurity of some kind.

Every human being I know struggles with it too.

It was not the absence of the struggle that freed me. It was the realization that if I wait until I’m not insecure anymore I will never accomplish my goal of attempting to bring some light into the world.

If you have ever hurt for a long time either physically or emotionally you know that when the pain goes away your life is changed completely. You want to celebrate with no boundaries. Your energy is amazing, and you feel great.

My life is like that on most days. I still have physical pain, and sometimes I have emotional pain. But something has changed. The chains of fear of being me are melting away.

It is the love from writers, my wife, my Creator, and others who believe in what I’m doing that is creating a foundation that I can stand on.

You are part of my foundation, and I want to thank you. Without your love and support I may not have been able to let off the brakes of my soul.

With your love and support my soul will continue to fly. I pray that I am reminding you that you have the power to fly too. You are a beautiful soul worthy of being seen. Allow yourself to be seen in this world. You are worthy and you are worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing