Do You Know How Wonderful You Are?


Do you ever have thoughts of self-doubt or thoughts of insecurity? Do you ever feel you are not good enough?

You’re not alone. Many people have these thoughts. If you have them, you are in the majority.

Life is full of opportunities for us to feel insecure. Our advertising presents images of perfect families, wealthy people who have no problems, and the thing that will be the magic solution to all our problems.

This can create a feeling of not being enough.

In my life, I have surrounded myself with people who remind me that I’m OK. Yes, they confront and challenge me when I need to change something. They help me deal with parts of myself that I need to change. And, they love me.

It is not the absence of problems and issues that makes us wonderful. We all have issues we need to work on. It is the affirmation of our self-worth knowing we still have issues that will build self-esteem.

For years, I was under the false impression that I had to resolve all my problems before I could be loved by somebody else. I also believed I had to be perfect before I could love myself.

I have discovered that I am loved by many people who know that I have issues. I am also learning to accept myself despite my flaws and misgivings.

Love for self occurs when we can accept who we are right now. It is not aspirational. It is not a love dependent on a future where perfection is achieved. Love for self in the deepest sense occurs when we know that the love we deserve was not earned. Our worth is our birthright. This is the kind of love we accept for having been born. This love cannot be taken away by anything or anyone. It is a fact established by existing.

When I go into meditation, I feel this love. When I write, I feel this love. When I connect with my wife, I feel this love. When I talk with a good friend, I feel this love. It is through the connections with people who I care about and care about me that I can embrace my worthiness.

I wonder if you understand how magnificent you are. I wonder if you understand that you are important because you exist.

When you know how wonderful you are you will transmit this positive energy to the world. Your increased self-esteem will be a beacon of hope to those who have not yet discovered the truth about themselves. You become a portal for healing. You become the hope that others need in their lives.
Today, I hope you embrace your special place in this world.

I’m glad you are here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing