Keep Going

All of us have felt stuck at some point in our lives.

All of us have experienced trying to do something, and not getting the results we wanted right away.
It’s part of the human experience to be stopped for a while.

We all have a different reason for being stuck. There may be financial blocks. Maybe it is a consequence from our past. There may be self-esteem issues that have us believe we can’t do something.

The reasons vary.

The result is the same.

We feel stuck.

How can you move past this place of fear, and address the dreams that you have?

It begins with forgiveness and compassion. Forgiveness for your past and compassion for your younger self.

The next thing to realize is that you are not alone. Everyone has experienced setbacks. Mistakes and failures are part of every human’s experience. Not one of us have had a perfect life with no failings. To be human means to experience these things. When we can realize this, we can begin to forgive ourselves.

I have used my past as a reason to say I can’t move forward with something. It’s almost as if I’m telling myself that my history determines my future.

My history does not have to determine my future.

This doesn’t mean that I get to control the outcome of anything. What it does mean is that I have the choice to react to my current situation from a place of empowerment, rather than being a victim of my past.

In the same way that we individually can move away from being a victim, our society can do the same.

Our society is right now experiencing massive change.

The old lies of racism and bigotry are being laid bare for the world to see once again. These things never went away. They have been ever present. But now they have been brought into the spotlight once again.

Our world is having to face the reality once again that the old wounds have not been healed. In fact, they are still open wounds for many. The pain is as real in the year 2020 as they were hundreds of years ago. Pain is pain regardless of what date is on the calendar.

I see this reawakening as an opportunity.

As we choose to not let our own past pains keep us individually from moving forward, I believe that our society has a choice to not stay stuck in the past pain of racism.

It is a choice.

The same forgiveness and compassion that we need to show for ourselves in our personal lives can be shown to a world that is hurting and looking for a solution.

I say we keep going.

Keep going on the path of speaking out for the rights of blacks.

Keep going on the path of reconciliation.

Keep going on the path of loving our brothers and sisters who are a different faith than us.

Keep going on the path of believing that every human being deserves to be treated with respect.

Our past does not need to determine our future.

Our future is ours to choose.

We can make the choice to react from a place of love and compassion.

We have moved the ball forward before and made improvements.

We can do it again.

Let’s keep going.

We can do it.

I believe in us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing