Having Patience With Your Process

Do you get impatient with the speed of your process? Do you get frustrated when things don’t go the way you intended them to?

I do.

I get frustrated a lot. I get frustrated when I don’t follow through on something. I get frustrated when I don’t learn something as fast as I want to. I get frustrated when I can’t remember a name or date.
I want everything to go faster than it is.

When I’m in the state of impatience, I lose sight of the beauty of the plan.

My Creator has a plan for me. It is my job to ask for guidance to help me carry it out. This is not to say that I have no choice about how things go. I can choose to steer my life in many different directions.

There is a reason for everything. The idea that I’m somehow like a cork floating on the sea of life going wherever with no direction doesn’t resonate with me.

Hindsight is a beautiful tool you can use to help you be gentle with your process.

Looking back at your life, you can remember times when situations worked out so beautifully that you now feel a sense of gratitude. When you were in the situation, it was impossible for you to understand why it was happening. But, with the gift of time and experience you are now grateful for how it unfolded.

I experienced this when I moved to Florida in 1993. I was moving through a personal crisis and couldn’t understand why I was where I was. I wasn’t sure how I got there. I was in fear and anger for having landed in this seemingly unfortunate situation. Years later, I now see how perfect it all was. I now love my life here in Florida and feel blessed by the wonderful life situations that I find myself in. In 1993 I had no idea how things would work out. I still don’t. It’s a process like everything else in life. But my life has dramatically improved in ways that seemed completely out of reach then.

I cannot see around the blind curve in life. I need to trust that when I go around the corner, I will be taken care of.

As you are reading this, I imagine that you might be moving through a situation that is causing you stress. There are a lot of unknowns on the horizon.

I invite you to be gentle with yourself while you are going through your process. Your process is beautiful, even though it might not feel so wonderful right in this moment.

As you move through your process, know that you are not alone. You have the support of those around you who love and care about you. You are human, and your humanity is to be celebrated. At the front of the parade of celebration needs to be you.

Embrace your process as beautiful and you will find yourself in a more peaceful place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing