Your Divine Mission

In this time of great transition, it’s good to be reminded that you have a mission.

A divine mission.

It’s a mission that nobody else can go on, because it was given to you by your Creator.

Have you ever thought that you should be doing things the way that other people do them? That your career should look a certain way? That you should be making a certain amount of money? That you should have a certain type of living situation?

I have.

There have been times in my life when I thought that I should be doing something because everyone else is doing it. If Bob, Mary, and Peter are doing it then I should be too. Comparing myself to other people gets me nowhere. It only brings me a sense of frustration and inadequacy. It’s not productive, and it keeps me stuck.

There is a way out of the comparison game.

The way out is by acknowledging and affirming that you are on a divine mission. This divine mission has been given to you by your Creator. When you recognize that you are on a divine mission, that sense of frustration and longing will be replaced by a spirit of curiosity and gratitude.

Curiosity and gratitude.

This is what will move you forward. Knowing that you have a purpose, and that your purpose is to be a blessing to the world. Curiosity and gratitude are powerful allies in your quest to discover your divine mission.

In this time of great change my favorite saying has become, “God is my employer”. What powerful words! What words of liberation!

When I acknowledge that God is my employer what I’m really saying is that my ultimate job is to discover what God’s will is for me. As it relates to discovering my mission in life, this also reminds me that God is the ultimate job recruiter. God is actively seeking those who are willing to fill the roles that are available. Just like any employment situation everyone can’t be doing the same job. For any organization to run properly everyone needs to be doing different roles. Together, the organization moves forward with everyone doing a job they love to do. They are doing their right work.

Imagine that the human family is an organization. Each member of this organization is doing their right work. Their divine work. Their divine mission. When you discover what your divine mission is you will know it. You will have a feeling of satisfaction and peace that will permeate your soul.

You have a divine mission. It’s to bless and be blessed. In whatever form that takes in this world, you are important. Your skills are important to someone. Someone is looking for the talents that you bring to the table.

I wish you well in discovering what your divine mission is. You deserve all the success in the world, and

I’m glad you’re here.

You are a blessing to the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

The Holding Pattern Becomes a Blessing