Your Beautiful Light

 

I was standing on the beach in Fort Lauderdale at sunrise last Sunday. I was there to support my wife compete in her triathlon. It was a beautiful day. It was a magnificent morning.

At exactly 7:16AM, the sun came rising out of the ocean. That wonderful orb of life-giving light was rising for another day.

It was a miracle to see that. To see this beautiful star that keeps us alive was so encouraging. It meant that my planet earth will have another chance to live.

Like the miracle of the sun shining on us, you have a light within you that shines on those around you. You are a role model to those in your life that need hope.

I have such a role model in my life. My wife Rachel. A bastion of courage and strength, I take a lot of solace from her life. She is an example of God’s love for me. She reminds me that God has forgiven me for my past misdeeds, that God loves me unconditionally, and that there is hope for the future. Every day, I wake up with a renewed sense of hope, because of having this wonderous human being by my side. I don’t know how I could live my life without her now. Like the sun that was shining in Fort Lauderdale, I rely on her to help guide my decisions.

You have a role model too. You have someone who you look up to help you navigate the challenges of this life. You realize that it would be hard to do this life without this person. This person’s daily words, gestures, loving deeds, and helpful spirit get you through. You’ve been through tough times with this person, and you will get through them again.

When I married my wife 10 years ago, I knew I was making the right decision. I knew that I was ready to accept the love that was given to me. And, I knew I was willing to do what it takes to be a loving partner. It hasn’t always been easy for me to feel worthy of this beautiful relationship, but I’m sure glad I stayed.

I believe that my inner light was shining brightly on the day I met Rachel. I know hers was. Our lights merged, and I was enveloped in its brilliance.

I’m not a doctor, but I know a healing when I see one. My life is experiencing such a healing. Surrounded by the love of my wife, my friends, my spiritual community, and my family I am healing. It’s that beautiful light from within that is bringing me home again.

Who are you shining your beautiful light on today? Who are you a positive role model for? Who looks up to you for guidance? I know there is someone who believes in you, relies on you, and thinks you are wonderful. Your light is making their life better. You are giving them hope, and maybe even helping them through a difficult time.

I believe beyond any doubt that you are a blessing to someone. You are the light of someone’s world, whom without would be struggling.

As you go through today, know that your beautiful light is a blessing to a loved one. In fact, you are a blessing to the world. Your light is beautiful. Your life is beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Deserve To Be Supported

Balancing the Need For Risk With the Need For Security

Not Waiting Anymore